Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 34 - Prioritizing/Temperance (Tiffany)

I think I'm getting pretty much on track with prioritizing and doing the things I'm supposed to be doing. Daily as I pay more attention to my purpose, my character and what needs work, what I need to confess to God and take to Him to help overcome, I see that it's helping me to change. The thing is that many times we have an issue with not even talking to God about areas that we need help in and we worry about them, and we never get anywhere, so it's best that when we recognize that we take it to God.

Sometimes it's difficult because we are distracted by a lot of things that are happening. I read something interesting yesterday, it was called the "Beginner's Mind"...I suppose it has something to do with Zen or whatever, but it makes a lot of sense. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in an expert's mind, there are few. It is a state of total freshness where you experience everything anew in each moment. It is a direct route to creative confidence. There are no expectations, no fixed view of yourself, no preconceived ideas about what you are going to create...your mind is open and receptive.

I think that many of us need to get to a "beginner's mind" when we feel ourselves overwhelmed with everything that must be done. If we clear the slate of EVERYTHING...then we can start back at one.

Colossians 3:1-3 (AMP)
If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at and seek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth. For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.

When we set our mind/affection on what's above, on Christ, on God's Kingdom, then we can prioritize our life.

"The highest priority on your list must always be staying connected to the Presence of God and listening to His still, small voice" - Cindy Trimm

Examine your life. Where might the enemy have a foothold in the door of your soul causing you to stumble in some area?

I think that a foothold has been caused in my thought-life, because of my external circumstance, I'm still not living truly how I would be living if I had my own place. I'm still allowing a fear to be over me, and I need to break through past that fear for it has no dominion or power over me, only that which I allow. I think that when I break past this fear and I take dominion over it, that my life will change totally and completely and I will fly.

What can you do to "clean house" in order to make sure you are "temperate in all things?" What might your little "excesses" say to others about you?

I really need to chop down those inferior places inside of myself and begin to move in courage, boldness and with the confidence that God is putting on the inside of me. It's there, but the Holy Spirit is now filling me to the point of overflow, in this reservoir, I have something to give to others, but I need to empty myself of all insecurities so that they won't spill on to others that I am helping.

Being forced to work, and forced to do your best, will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and contentment, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know. - Charles Kingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment