Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 37 - Accepting/Tolerance (Tiffany)

How would you rate your capacity to tolerate unfavorable conditions? What does this say about your own degree of personal empowerment?

I would rate my capacity on a 1-10 scale as a 7 for my tolerance of unfavorable conditions. I have been through a lot of things over the past year and I've gone through them to make me stronger, but I cannot imagine myself 10 years ago going through them...I would see that I would have been whining and complaining a lot had I went through them then. At points when I began to say if people had to go through what I did, that was my way of complaining and I still hadn't found my strength in it all. Sometimes, I want things to be different RIGHT NOW, but I know that I'm still learning something and God is strengthening that personal empowerment within me through what I am going through and it will make me an even greater person. The Lord is definitely pushing me into a position of leadership no matter how much I may try to fight it, I see that He wants to develop these skills in me and that's why I've had to go through all the things I've been through.

How are you harnessing the power of tolerance to change the hearts and lives of those around you? In  what small way might you show a little more tolerance?
I'm doing really well in this area, I've been able to talk with others and bring a sort of newness to the people I encounter. I don't look at their outward appearance and judge...I may have a preconceived notion, but I have to throw that out because I don't know what's going on in the inside of anyone! I don't know their story until they begin to open their mouths and tell me. I show my tolerance by allowing people to speak their own minds and what they feel inside, I'm not too quick to state my opinion or what I know to be true. I'm learning by listening to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment