Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 40 - Telling/Community (Tiffany)

It's interesting that I'm wrapping this all up on Valentine's Day...Love Day.
I called this Valentine's Day, "Love One Another" Day...because that's what God wants us to do. It's actually a commandment, not something that we are to take lightly.

With that being said, I want to go over these questions and reflect on this week and this journey with the Soul Fast.

From this day forward, how will you shine a little brighter? Describe what that might look like and the affect it could have on the people you encounter.
I will shine a little brighter by acknowledging more people, by continuing to look up into people's eyes when I speak and not being fearful of what's going on with them and seeing myself as God sees me instead of having fear that people will condemn me. I have to stop making it about me, because I cannot love others when I think selfishly instead of selflessly.

Change begins with one thought, one soul, one life at a time. What is the one thought you can adopt that could change everything? What will be the new story you tell as a result?
 I have to do some more thought work into this. There has been so many things happening in my life and I'm trying to understand them so that I can build and it's taking some time to grasp it all. I guess, if anything I can start with Focus and focusing my thought life. When you set your affection on things above, what eternity has to do with it all, then you can make the best decisions. For example, I know that I am in my company to gain skills that I will need to use for the Kingdom, I know that I'm not going to be a leader forever no matter how far I rise up. I know that I need to be able to focus on everything in the business so that I can properly be an asset, but even more so for my team. I have slacked and I do not feel that I've been honorable in each and every meeting, but my heart and my desire is that I can get a hold of my ways and be disciplined and meet my obligations, and serve and love while on this assignment.

How can you start a conversation in your community--whether it is the workplace, church, neighborhood, or school--about living more authentically?
By telling others about this book and maybe even having a discussion group, where we can all get on one accord.


No comments:

Post a Comment