Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Day 18 Focusing / Authenticity (Dommi)

Staying focused is definitely a challenge for me! Or focused on the right thing, rather. While I have guarded my mind against media distractions ( reality shows, gossip talk shows, trashy tv, etc.), I have not guarded it against my own destructive thoughts (fear, doubt, low self-esteem, the need to be approved of, etc.). I certainly need to focus more on God's Word! Not just in the sense of education or gaining knowledge of the Word, but in the sense of truly applying God's Word to my life! If God dropped a plumb line into the building I've created of my life, it probably would not be too aligned. I know I have a lot of realigning to do to reflect the true authentic ME, God had in mind. Studying God's Word with intentional timing, meditating on his Word, keeping my mind stayed on His promises and not the situation, resting in His Word, and believing it without doubts are way I can align myself with God original blueprint for me. When I aligned myself with God's Word instead of the approval of the world, I'm authentically Me and the opinions of others won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment