Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 18 - Focusing/Authenticity (Tiffany)

Focus & Authenticity


Amos 7:7-8
Thus He showed me, and behold, the Lord stood upon a wall with a plumb line, with a plumb line in His hand.
And the Lord said to me, Amos, what do you see? And I said, A plumb line. Then said the Lord, Behold, I am setting a plumb line as a standard in the midst of My people Israel. I will not pass by and spare them any more [the door of mercy is shut].

I'm not so sure that I know God's exact original blueprint for my life. I'm just now learning how to take my hands off of things and letting Him guide me. When it comes to things that I know that He doesn't want me to do, I'm pretty much good with not doing those things. However, there is the sin of omission. God wants me to be prosperous, but I've been trying for years to develop better habits so that I can not only sow, but reap. It's difficult and I find myself losing focus on those goals, especially when something exciting is the horizon in my life. I like to tend to those things and then I end up not getting the important things done. You cannot move forward in life if you lack consistency in those areas. You cannot expect to be a business owner when you're to lazy to do work. As a matter of fact, business owners usually work non-stop and squeeze free-time in other time. They have to have a level of focus so that the business can survive, eight hours is not enough. 

I am realigning my life so that it reflects the authentic me that God has made me to be, by really seeing what my assignments are and committing my heart to the plan along with the process and not quitting when opposition flies my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment