Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 20 - Conquering/Order (Tiffany)

It's very interesting that it has taken me so long to blog on this. With Day 19, I was really trying to establish vision and focus in my life and along with that came many distractions from fears and other things in my life that were trying to cause confusion. Today's topic really had me thinking on a spiritual level of those things that try to stop me from living God's will for my life, including things that I think I may want, but is not in His will. The devil is very crafty and will use events where you feel like you will bless someone's life, but it's really the disguise of the enemy trying to get you off center again, using half-truths.

  • As you sit quietly in the presence of God, take an account if how you spend or allocate each hour of each day, just like an account of how you spend money or allocate calories.
    • I know that each day going forward, I need to spend time with God for guidance direction (prayer, meditation, Word); writing; gym; business; serving

  • How can you "reorder" your day to help you better order your thoughts?
    • I can reorder my day by putting first things, first. Prayer, meditation and God's Word and not my own thoughts that pop up into my mind first. He will give me guidance in ordering my thoughts when I put Him first.

  • How does the order, or lack of order, in your home, office, car, or garage affect the order, or lack of order, in your soul? Is there room for more order? How will you bring that to pass? When?
    • I don't have a place of my own and in a confined area where my space is concerned. I'm trying to put order to these things because an unorganized area does create problems with the flow of the day. You can misplace keys and other things and it will have an effect on the day. It may affect the lack of order in my soul of truly taking my thoughts captive and having the mind of Christ. Lack of order around may mean that I hardly ever use biblical truths when faced with temptation or distraction. I tend to go with what's happening externally & not really walking by faith because I'm paying too much attention to the seen world and not the creative force of the unseen and speaking what I heard God say out.
I'm ready to conquer this thought life and bring order to my life. I had to conquer a fear this week and mentally it was a challenge but I got through it, which is most important for me in order to press pass fear of failure and move towards believing that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment