Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 22 Agreeing/Gratitude (Dommi)

Before starting this book I never thought of myself as having a poor self image. But having to answer questions about what I'm good at or what I like about myself has been challenging... I mostly look for the good in other people but rarely (unintentionally) in myself. I often feel I'm not strong enough or good enough at something to proclaim "I'm good at this" or "I have strength in this area." With long thoughtful consideration, lol, here are my answers...

Five strengths, abilities, or talents about myself I'm grateful for:
•nurturing
•cooking
•listening
•learning things quickly
•reading/researching

Five opportunities or outcomes I have not yet experienced that I can preemptively be grateful for:
•finding my purpose in life
•successfully guiding all my children to serve The Lord with all their heart, be college graduates, and be successful in life to the glory of God!
•going back to school myself
•finding my place in ministry
•to stop being shy/quiet and live life a little more boldly and on purpose!

People in my life I'm especially grateful for:
•My Parents - for continuously giving me guidance and never turning their backs on me when I was at my worse.
•My Grandma Monk - for laying the foundation of Christ in my life! For being an example of a Christ-centered life. For teaching me independence. That I can do anything on my own & I don't need to depend on anyone especially not a man.
•My Husband - for loving me unconditionally. Thru my crazy. Thru my insecurities. Thru my pains. Thru my trials. Thru all my worst moments & well as my best moments. For being my backbone and always keeping a level head when I fly off the handle. For being my calm in the midst of a storm. 
•My Mother-in-law - for teaching me how to love unconditionally, and be a cheerful giver. A giver from from the heart. Always ready to help anyone in need. To do things for others, as your doing them unto The Lord!
With exception of my grandma who has passed, I can make my gratitude known to these people by sending a little card of appreciation in the mail. I think it would be a nice unexpected surprise.

I think I have spent the better part of last year telling God about all the horrible things going on in my life & not half as much the time I should have been spending being grateful and praising him for the good! I need to be more promise focused instead of problem focused! This year I will definitely do a lot more praising and thanking... and focusing on the good and not the bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment