Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 24 Belonging/Identity (Dommi)

Greatness is: wonderful, first-rate, notable, remarkable, important,highly significant, distinguished, of noble character! 
Wow! If that doesn't describe what we are as children of God!! However, while this should be my identity, I relate to none of it! How bad is that!? That has got to change! 
I put too much weight into what others think of me. What my feelings make me think of myself. Feelings are so unpredictable & ever-changing. I will continue to pray about what it is God has called me to do, and to show me my true identity in Him! 
If I was living as a king and priest, or simply a new creation in Christ, I would walk with my head held high instead of hanging down low. Not in a prideful way, but in confidence! My speaking would be a little more assertive rather than fearful or unsure. I would live life a little more boldly & courageously. 
It would feel like "greatness!"
I would be different because I would be walking in my God-created identity, not what the world thinks and says I am...
My vision for my God-created identity is to teach in the capacity that The Lord leads me. To be successful speaking with clarity and understanding. To always put God first in all my situations. To trust Him & rest in Him even when things don't look the way I want them to. To live out loud, unapologetically authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment