Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 23 Capitalizing/Destiny (Dommi)

Initially when I read the question of "what do I hear God saying about who he has called me to be" I was like I don't hear God saying anything... Then I thought... 
21 years ago, in 1993, I was at church. I had only been attending that church for maybe a couple of months. I was pregnant with my 3rd child Joshua. The pastor walk over to me and prophesied over me and said God said I would be a teacher of His Word. I was overwhelmed a little with that info and confused. How could God use me? Here I sit pregnant with my 3rd child out of wedlock! Just didn't seem right to me... I went on with life and forgot all about it...  In 2010, 17 years later, I was visiting a church in San Bernardino. It was my first time visiting that church. At the end of service he prophesied over a few people and looked at me and asked me to stand. I look around like is he talkin to me? Yes you, please stand! I don't remember the prophesy word for word, what I remember him saying is God has called you to be a teacher of His Word & the words you speak out of your mouth will be as powerful as a lion that no one can contain... I immediately & uncontrollably wept... It brought back to my mind that prophesy I heard 17 years prior... These are the only 2 prophesies that have ever been spoken over my life... 
So I guess my answer would be, I hear God calling me to teach his Word, however, I don't know in what capacity... 
I can't see what my greatest possible future looks like. Mainly because I'm not sure in what capacity I would teach. I don't feel I have the courage or confidence for public speaking. But I do know that God works His strength thru our weaknesses, and He will equip me with what I need to fulfill His perfect will for my life...
My decision making process for this situation is to decide to trust God to lead me in the direction he'll have me to go, and that I do not fear if the territory is unfamiliar. That I have complete trust! 
Until then, my destiny awaits...

No comments:

Post a Comment