Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 26 Eating/Integrity (Dommi)

It's funny that I have this picture on the wall over my dining room table of a little girl eating the pages out of the bible...
You Are What You Eat! 
Just as a reminder as to what we consume... Mentally as well as physically...

The circumstances in my life that make me stronger are meditating on God's Word everyday! I notice that the more time I spend in the Word, the less I worry about circumstances. 
What's tempering me and testing my integrity is needing the approval of others... I'm still working on being the true authentic me, worrying only about what God thinks of me. I still get caught up in what others think as well, and have made decisions based on if I thought another person would approve. It has put me in some pretty awful situations that I would not have went thru had I followed my true self and made a different decision. 
As a result of this refining process (clarity of intent, purity of motives, honest decision-making, congruency, and transparency), what I know in my heart will be revealed is a better mother, better parenting, a better wife, a stronger marriage, and most importantly, a true authentic woman of God. Unashamed. A teacher of the word, even if nothing more than by life example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment