Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 26 - Eating/Integrity (Tiffany)

Well,  I had took some time away from the blog, the interesting thing is that I did in fact do day 26 weeks ago, but failed to come to the blog and I got out of my consistency.

What I find interesting is that when I do get back to this book it's like everything is lining up in my life for it.

This is something that I read yesterday morning:
SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS:   
Enhance the quality of your life by adding more spiritual content.  I have not called you to be paupers (impoverished) in My kingdom, but to feed sumptuously on My Word and to walk on the path that leads to abundant life.   Many of My people, however, live like there is not enough to go around.  Continually seek My face, and let My Word and My purposes abound in, around, and through you, says the Lord.    John 10:10   The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

So in this that God is saying that I need to really begin to consume His Word more. To meditate. I have meditated on a particular scripture during this month:
"Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel." - Joshua 1:2

The interesting thing, I realized the other day that I do need to begin speaking to myself more positively, for far too long, it's been easier for me to say negative things about myself and to say things to myself that will keep me down. I have to learn how to speak over myself in a way that I praise myself. Some in the church have called it prophesying over yourself. The world does it, those who are wealthy, they have more of an optimistic outlook, which comes from speaking well over themselves.

It's a fight to go from negative to positive, but I believe it's the key to long-lasting success.

"Your words establish the direction of your life, taking you down the road to authenticity or detouring you to mediocrity, or even immobilizing you altogether into a life of fear. Operate in the power of words by legislating, asking, sowing and blessing." ~ Cindy Trimm

Learning to live authentically is all about learning to be true to who you really are--it's about living congruently so that what you say and do align with your core values and divine nature.

What are the circumstances in your life that are making you stronger? What is tempering you and testing your integrity?
I would say growth in certain areas of knowledge and making sure that I stay abreast in an attitude of service as God moves me forward and ahead. My circumstances are such that I'm dealing without much right now, it makes doing things a little bit harder and at times, I'd rather just rest at home before getting out in the world to start my day or go through the day, although I know it's important to do. But I also realize that self-reflection is just as important as going out to live and to serve. If I don't spend the time that I need with the Lord and becoming better spiritually, then I won't have anything to give or bring to the world.

As a result of this refining process, write down what you know in your heart will be revealed. What treasure are you carrying on the inside of you that needs to find expression in the world around you?
I'm seeing that I'm growing as a person. Each day I am tested with my character because I see people who are not so well off. I remember I used to get mad at them where I was rude, then I begin to just wish that they wouldn't ask me for anything because I was trying to make sure that I had enough money to take care of what I need to take care of. Now I'm at a point, where I just give if I have. I don't really give it a lot of thought, which sometimes may not be a good thing. I think I need to begin to think ahead of time for those who are without and see how much I will bless their lives, consciously. I believe I've been brought very far just to get to this place of charity/LOVE...at the same time, I believe this is the success that God wants me to have because when HE makes me a multimillionaire, I will bless those who are in unfortunate situations. I will not be rude or high and mighty not wanting to talk to them, but God is bringing me to a point of genuine care and concern for others. I may not be all the way there yet, but I'm really close!

No comments:

Post a Comment