Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 25 - Becoming/Purpose (Tiffany)

It's a mindset to be purposeful. As I begin this new year, I'm seeing just how much it is a mindset. I've been saying to myself that I have to become more discipline. It starts with writing things out for how my day will go. It starts with me not picking up my phone to look through Instagram first thing in the morning, but finding a scripture and meditating on it after thanking God for waking me up.

We all have habits, but some of our habits are not good ones. I have many bad habits that I'm trying to get rid of by implementing good habits. You reap whatever you sow and you always reap more than what you have sown. I'm ready to get better Returns on my Investments! But that means that I have to work hard on what I'm investing. If I keep doing lazy things, then I'll get lazy results.

"You must learn to pay careful attention every day so you can recognize and discover the purpose God has for everything in creation."

I have to say I'm a bit unorthodox and I love the fact that I have a relationship with the Lord where He reveals things to me and guides me in my life. I prayed this morning, believing and in faith, but when things started happening in regards to my prayer this morning, I wasn't really feeling ready emotionally to take it on. I believe the more that I can develop personally, the better I can become in helping others...that is giving to others, and also in receiving from others.

"Don't let people cut you down or belittle you. Don't allow anyone to determine your purpose"
This is wherein lies my biggest fight with being authentic. God orchestrates our circumstances, we are able to make decisions through them where we are in control of our destinies, but there's always people around you giving their opinions. You cannot stop yourself from hearing what others have to say concerning you, because they will give their unsolicited advice.

I think that you reach a place of growth when you learn not to concentrate so much on what's being said by them while commenting on your situation, but rather focusing on Christ and where He is guiding you through it all. When we truly set our affection on things above, we don't have time to think about other things or people before God.

I have to say that the intensity of me pursuing purpose is intermediate. After a fall, I had a hard time getting back up quickly, I wanted to live purpose, but I was trying to go about it without much prayer time...I got pretty stuck, and then I got confused, and then I stopped reading my word as much. However, it's my goal for 2014 to really press in and reach the level of success that I know is attainable in Christ Jesus.

"What can you be doing more of to "do your part" in bringing God's purpose for your life to pass?"
I think that getting involved and doing things from a place of where I truly desire to help make a difference is where I can truly do my part. I have for far too long been looking to others to get things, now I have to learn the principle of giving and receiving. Sometimes we can receive things with an ungrateful heart. I'm ready to change myself from the inside out, leaning on, trusting on and depending on God!

No comments:

Post a Comment