Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 2 Cleansing (Godliness) Dommi

Cleansing, cleansing, cleansing.... Yes, I need cleansing of the mind... Cleansing of my thought processes to be exact! 
Initially when I read about Godliness I took it in as character behavior, but as I read again the text was slowly showing me what I need to work on is my character THINKING!! My thinking is not always lined up with Gods word! I allow what others think of me to affect what "I" think of me, I let a lot of negative inside chatter direct the path of my day instead of God! I have a lot of stressful situations going on right now or rather, I accept a lot of stressful situations that I don't have to, and let them stress me out. I need to learn how to not accept every plate of stress, drama, and negativity that I am offered. I'm very good at giving this advice to others, but do poorly in taking that advice myself!
One major area I know I need to focus on concerning Godliness is to walk in LOVE even when someone offends me. I have a habit of just wanting to cut people off when they offend me and just not be bothered with them, rather than work thru the offense in love...
I am going to start focusing more on what God says about me, than what others think about me, and eliminate the negativity that I harbor in my heart & mind about myself. I'm going to study & meditate on scriptures that build me up in Godliness, and not let the enemy tear me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment