Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 8 - Empowering/Balance (Tiffany)

It's Through Christ That I Can Do All Things



When I read the following statement, I was confused, but thank God I was able to ask Him for understanding!
"It is only as you are linked to God's purpose that you can expect His power. If you can surrender your own personal agenda for God's agenda, you will be given great power to achieve extraordinary things"
My issue laid in "God's agenda". I kept asking, "How am I to know Your agenda?"...but then it clicked in my head what was meant by this statement. When we try to do things our own way and from the place of the flesh, we are operating according to our own agenda instead of God's agenda and therefore we are operating in the flesh instead of in a place of rest where we have our faith in God to do and we rely on Him therefore we don't have to work.

It's not a place of laziness and slothfulness, but trusting in God's power to move through us. I am reminded of when I waited until the last minute to do my college papers in my undergrad career. I would procrastinate until the night before a paper was due, then I would be at my computer with my mind blank and I would pray and ask God to help me. I would then pull an all-nighter but it wasn't in my flesh that I was pulling the all-nighter but by His Spirit. I don't think I even had time to agonize whether or not if my faith was faith, we can get caught up in thinking too hard about what God is doing that we end up missing using His gifts and abilities in our lives and therefore we become barren and unfruitful.

"God is constantly at work, looking for ordinary people who want to partner with Him by allowing His supernatural power to be channeled through them to a hurting world."
To rest in God is felt when you completely have your faith in Him to do things through you. You don't strive from your flesh to meet the needs or obligations in your life. You pray in faith, and then you work trusting in His power to move through you in things you are faced with. When you are not resting in God, you tend to experience, irritation, agitation and/or anxiety...all things that keep you from the peace of God; you're doing things from the flesh and not allowing the Lord to build.

I believe what I need to change in my daily routine to bring balance to my life is to pray without ceasing. When I am constantly praying, most likely I will not get caught up in doing what my flesh desires or is afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment