Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 2 - Cleansing/Godliness (Tiffany)

A Path to FREEdom



1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Wow! Reading the above passage about godliness makes me feel like I'm so far off. I'm undergoing a process of stripping and it started in late May, right after I sat under a Bible Study which I later studied intently the next day. I came across "Greater Glory" and it was like an induction to my next season where I began to learn about the words that I speak, that it goes deeper than my thoughts but the words that I speak have power. However, there has been a constant testing of my mind where my thought-life is being purged from the old way of thinking.

Some days, I don't want to fight. I don't want to read the Word, I don't want to even look for a quiet place to find the Lord because I absolutely dislike what's been going on in my life, but the scripture above is convicting those very thoughts! I am to be content with living a godly life, there is great gain to that. My immediate concerns may be about what I have, but this scripture says that we should be content when we have food and clothing...it doesn't even list shelter!

I suppose, yes I can refocus my thoughtlife and be content with having food, clothing and shelter. I am blessed!

In Vine's dictionary, it states that the noun of godliness is eusebeia (eu=well; sebomai=to be devout)
It denotes that piety which is characterized by a Godward attitude, does that which is well-pleasing to Him. When I think of pleasing God, I think of Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"

I have no doubt that God is God and this I believe. I also believe that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. I think my issue is with faith right now, because I'm having a problem with whether or not I am hearing Him correctly. I believe that God spoke to me about several different areas and it seems that they have all been flipped upside down and there is no promise left of them coming to pass, and so now I'm challenged in my thought-life because I have to wonder have I really been walking by faith or some concocted thought process in my own head...thinking I was being led by the Word, but maybe it wasn't Him and it was the enemy? Because I'm having this issue, I'm having a hard time coming to the Word and prayer and having my alone time with God, because I fear that I don't hear Him, that all that has flowed for me for the past two years or so, has been nothing but me...the word says that His sheep know His voice and another they will not follow...

Well where does that leave me? I don't try to serve the enemy. When I'm convicted in certain areas to stop doing certain things or dealing with certain people, I am usually obedient to that...but for some reason, the season that I am in now, I just feel sort of lost although I haven't even strayed. I feel lost because I'm so uncertain about what God is doing and what He is saying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment