Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 7 - Healing/Wholeness (Tiffany)

Ask. Seek. Knock.



In the spiritual area of my life right now, I am waiting with expectation on a miraculous move of God, while stirring my gifts, asking, seeking and knocking. I've been in pain lately by things that have been projected unto me. I believe that this period of brokenness and suffering is preparing me for the glory that is to be revealed in me. I'm prepared to allow God to work in and through my current situation to bring me to greater wholeness. It's about letting go, stop trying to deal things on our own, but until I'm able to accept responsibility for the decisions I make, I won't be able to grow. Yesterday when I went through this section of the book, all I could think about is how often I do place blame on others as well as myself...and that's kind of where I end up getting stuck. But from a Kingdom perspective, we have to allow faith and forgiveness to liberate us and heal our souls.

The Holy Spirit led me to two particular scriptures yesterday which made me understand all that is needed to please God.

Hebrews 11:6 - "But without faith it is impossible to PLEASE and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him out."

Romans 8:8 - "So then those who are living the life of the flesh [catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature] cannot PLEASE or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him."

Basically, when we live our lives by faith we please God, but when we live our lives by our flesh/carnal nature and don't depend on God, we do not please God!

I think over the past decade plus that I've been a Christian, I did not understand this about faith because mostly faith was preached as a place of prosperity thinking, I did not understand that it ascertains to our entire lives and being and in everything that we do.

My most current pressing concerns come from a place of thinking that I was sent somewhere on assignment and the enemy is using them to remove me from there and being a light. But the enemy did it in such a way where my identity and character had been attacked, and there is just no way that I can even want to stay somewhere where I have so much difficulty even trying to get a prayer through, so my time will be up soon, very soon and hopefully my next assignment will give me enough peace to pray the Father's will.

For a few days, I was really angry and upset and wished I had never sent a certain text message, because if I hadn't I wouldn't be in this season...but all I can be is grateful, because I have learned much, I was able to minister to others and be of encouragement and help. I believe that God is building me for the next level and also to know how better to cope with rejection which I will be faced with when entering the world of business.


No comments:

Post a Comment