Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 3 - Aligning/Truth (Tiffany)

To Thine Own Self Be TRUE!





I want to be true with God and myself and with that, I understand that I am having a conflict in our relationship right now. It doesn't mean that I will stop telling others about Him, but I've been feeling a bit frustrated to the point where I just want to move wherever I see anything open up because I'm going through too much to figure out what God is saying. I know there is a danger in that, because I can end up in the wrong place and everything can be hectic, but I just don't know right now because like I said in the post from Day 2, I'm uncertain about His voice...


Well, as I say this, I come across this scripture in the book:
"Anyone who intends to come with Me has to let Me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow Me and I'll show you how self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, My way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?" - Mark 8:34

How do you keep from losing the real you in a world of distractions?


I guess you have to choose to think differently, but I'm still trying to understand how exactly this is done without neglecting your responsibilities.

To love like God we need the Spirit of Truth, to be truly Godly, we must have Him to help and empower us. We have a lower nature that is cowardly and doesn't want to take risks, one that wants to play it safe at all costs, but when God says that you have to let Him lead and you're not in the drivers' seat, He may lead you into fire! And when He leads you into fire, He doesn't want you to run from suffering but rather embrace it, that is difficult to do when you're trying to hold on to self. Others around you don't understand and won't understand especially if you have had to face it and say you don't understand but the Word says to Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not unto your own understanding...in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths, He will make the way straight!

The foundational key to living authentically is truth.
  • Be true to yourself
  • Living in the full light of the truth
  • Being governed by the truth

What does it mean to be governed by the Spirit of Truth?


  • The Spirit of Truth rules over by right of authority over me...my life
  • The Spirit of Truth exercises a directing or restraining influence over me
  • The Spirit of Truth guides me, holds me in check and controls me
  • The Spirit of Truth serves as law for my life
  • The Spirit of Truth is my constitution
  • The Spirit of Truth predominately (stronger/leading element force) influences my life
John 16:13 AMP - But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].

Psalm 51: 6 What you're after is truth from the inside out. Enter me, then ; conceive a new, true life.

What would this new, true life look like if it were conceived in you? 
I was listening to this song when I read this question and I thought, wow how appropriate? This is one of those ways that I have been hearing from God over the past two years, so I'm really in a place where I just wonder sometimes...is He speaking to me through this way and if He is, then what happened to what He said before, because I know that God is not a man that He would lie, and I know that He will perform His Word and I know that He doesn't going around saying things just because...so anyway, this is what my new, true life will look like as it is conceived in me.
 
"From the Inside Out" by Hillsong United
A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself
In bringing You praise

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out

No comments:

Post a Comment