Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 4 - Preparing/Commitment (Tiffany)

The heart regulates the hands. 


This is one of the most profound things I've read. It was at the end of the chapter for today, it was in the following scripture:
Your heart's been in the right place all along. You've got what it takes to finish it up, so go to it. Once the commitment is clear, you do what you can, not what you can't. The heart regulates the hands. (2 Corinthians 8:10).
I mean that makes so much sense, I cannot begin to do in my hands what's not in my heart...and it's difficult to stop doing the things that's in my heart that aren't right. So when you truly think about commitment, how can you commit to something if your heart is faint about it. I keep thinking about the vision that I've had and everything falling apart, but faith is not seen, right? So as I'm feeling that I can go in all of these different directions right now, if I go back to what I've believed by faith in Him and what He can do, I shouldn't deviate too far from that, should I? It's hard to even contemplate the thoughts because my human mind is trying to reason this whole thing out and I see NO WAY...but God will make a way.

Sometimes, God is just waiting for us to be committed to what we say we want...but if we don't really want that, we cannot commit to it. I've seen people who have continued to press forward in achieving their dreams in music for years. There has been no real financial success, but it's what they love, it's what's in their heart, and they believe that their gift will make room for them, despite the down period of time that it takes to get there. What makes it hard to live like this for your dreams and your commitment to it, is that you get so many outsiders and naysayers...and you never know how long this will continue on. I'm not really sure, I just know that I'm going to follow Jesus no matter what.

  • What are you going to commit to doing in order to save the real you?
    • Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee!
  • Identify one thing you should purge from your life that is causing you to lose the real you.
    • FEAR. It's the thing that holds me back. I have a fear from when I was four years old, and it's one of the biggest things that I feel is being purged out right now. I don't like that it's there, but I believe that it will only go away through me being courageous and not letting it take my mind.
  • List one thing you should practice every day that will help cultivate your truest self.
    • PRAISE. If I praise the Lord, I won't have time to be fearful or to have negative thoughts about others. One thing I keep noticing about some of my interactions are my thoughts towards others (strangers at that), I'm being very opinionated for no reason at all, but I had to go through this the first time I went on this fast, so I guess I'm still dealing with the issue. I believe that Praising God will help me to come out of these thought patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment